Tuesday 21 May 2013

En Route

You may recall I've posted about Caroline Lacaze before. This was back when I first heard L'etrange and it proceeded to melt my brain with dirty funk beats and Caroline's sublime vocals.

L'etrange



The album "En Route" has been out for a few months now and I've gotta say, daaaaaaaaaamn. This is some seriously fine funky and soulful work. Whilst all within the funk/soul remit, the tracks are quite varied yet maintaining what for me is quite a summery sound. Perfect for sitting outside in the sunshine at some city cafe watching the world go by. That said, with tunes like En Route Madam and Harley Davidson this is also very much tail-feather shaking dancing music ;) I know a few of my mates who will be working tunes from this album into their sets.

It's out on vinyl from Mocambo Records or Legere Recordings for CD & downloads. I'm not on a commission btw :P It's just good and highly recommended.

Oh and Roadstop makes me laugh every time :D

Album teaser

No comments:

Post a Comment