Saturday 10 November 2012

Tune of the week

I remember the first time I heard Rose Rouge from St Germain's Tourist album, it was the year 2000 and I was on the last day of a holiday in Amsterdam. I immediately decided I must own this, but being the last day it was a bit of a rush and I couldn't find the album anywhere... So off we went and headed to Schiphol Airport. I popped into a shop to buy a magazine, glanced at the CD rack as I walked in and WTF! There it was straight in front of me :) Result!

Here we have Leftside Wobble giving this classic tune a gentle edit. To quote their wise words.. "This ones all about the rhythm track overdubs and subtle filtering. Sometimes an edit needs a very light touch and with a track so perfect this is certainly the case here."

St Germain - Rose Rouge (Leftside Wobble Bump & Hustle Edit)

No comments:

Post a Comment